19 May 2016

Last Dance on the Beach Crochet-Along Week 5

Yes! I Know!!! Week 5 already!
I really do hope you are all enjoying this journey as much as I am.
It's been wonderful seeing how you are all progressing.
Love seeing everyones squares.

So. Week 5.
This time it's Nerissa who is sharing her square design. 
You can read all about her square and her recent struggles here.
I love that she felt able to share her awful experiences. Sometimes I don't think we talk enough. 
We bottle things up.

Oh and I just love her square!


Footprints in the sand. Like that poem that always makes me cry!

I didn't have the easiest time mastering this square when I was pattern testing. 
I feared that my seagulls feet were so deformed he would never walk again ;-)
Mind you, I was working blind without even a photo!
But once I got hold of a photo I quickly worked out the placement for the toes and my seagull was able was able to walk once more!!!


I used a 4mm hook for my square and the gauge was pretty much spot on.


Once I had mastered the seagull stitch I was flying ;-) and quickly worked up my squares. 
I love how the merino soft with it's gentle sheen really makes all the stitches pop!

I have a little confession to make....I've been racing ahead making squares in the silver grey merino and they're all finished now! I have 8 more squares to block and then I'm ready to start joining :-)
I'm still playing catch up with my Dance Around the Beach Huts squares but am *nearly* up to date and hope to have progress pics to share soon!

Will share some Velvet cushion progress photos next time. 
Til then x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS