2 Sept 2018

New Project and A Colour Frenzy

Hi there! No mountain hill climbing escapades to share this week....sadly
Instead, I've been very firmed glued to the sofa working on a new and very colourful project!



A wee while ago Scheepjes launched some new shades of the very gorgeous River Washed yarn. I was lucky to receive a sample of each colour and, quite frankly, I was smitten!

This time, the core of the yarn is a mustard colour with deep rich coloured fluff added in the spinning process. 


You can see the core quite clearly in this photo. Check out that rich gorgeous colour!!!


It's a 78% Cotton and 22% Acrylic mix with a lovely soft feel. Which means it passes the 'next to neck' softness test! You get 130 metres per 50g and it's machine washable at 40 degrees.


I knew straight away that I just needed to make something with it! 
But what??!!!!

Something that uses lots of colours and is frenzy of happy colours....
A Granny Blanket! 

Crikey it's been ages since I made a Granny Blanket! In fact it was my very first blanket...


This blanket was made with Cotton 8 and it's still going strong! It was also the very first Scheepjes yarn I used and it still remains one of my all time favourites..... along with River Washed. 

Ok a Granny Blanket it will be! Now for colours....


I've chosen a selection from the original and new released ranges. 
10 colours for the squares with another for joining and the fancy pants border!

It's coming along nicely. I can't put it down.... 
What is it with a traditional Granny square that is soooo addictive??!!!!

I'll share my progress soon....promise!
Right I'm off to make more squares...

Til next time x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS