31 Dec 2018

Ziggy Ziggy... the FREE pattern!

Evening!
As promised, tonight I'm going to share the pattern for my Ziggy Ziggy scarf.
It's a pattern that can be adjusted according to your preferred sizing. It's also very suitable for a novice hooker. More experienced hookers will find it a lovely relaxing TV project. 
Ingredients
Scheepjes Our Tribe yarn - 2 colours of your choice
(for the blue and green scarf I have used 974 The Curio Crafts Room and 970 Cypress Textiles - 2 of each colour way and for the red and blue scarf I've used 971 Jellina Creations and 969 Lilla Bjorn - 1 ball of each)
Size 4.5mm crochet hook
Scissors
Darning Needle to weave in ends
Blocking materials
How To
Written in UK English Terms
Starting chain is worked in multiples of 13 + 2
For the narrower scarf A I have started with a chain of 80 and scarf, which is a third wider, a starting chain of 119
It is entirely your choice! Make your starting chain using the first of your 2 chosen colours
Starting Row (Still using first colour) In second chain from hook 1dc *5dc, 3dc in next st, 5dc, skip 2 st. Repeat from * to last 2 sts, dc2tog. Turn.
Pattern Row 1ch (counts as 1 dc throughout) 1dc *5dc, 3dc in next st, 5dc, skip 2 st. Repeat from * to last 2 sts, dc2tog. Turn.
Join in your second colour after 2 rows have been worked. You will change colour every 2 rows. 
DO NOT BREAK THE YARN! Simply carry it loosely up the side of your work.
You can see on this photo how the yarn looks when carried up the side. I always bring the yarn I'm about to work with to the front and keep the yarn I've just finished with to the back. That way I won't forget and it'll keep everything nice and neat!
Continue working the pattern row and changing colours until your scarf is the desired length. 
Fasten off yarns, weave in ends and wet block!

Finished Sizes: My blue scarf measures 158cm x 35cm and took approx. 1.5 balls of each colour. The red scarf measures 148cm x 27cm and took a ball of each colour. 
Your scarf is finished and ready to wear!
NB Due to the nature of the zig zag pattern, it will concertina in a little. Tis all fine! 


I hope you all have a wonderful, happy and peaceful New Year.
Join me in 2019 for more hooky adventures!
post signature

27 comments:

  1. Lovely pattern ! I hope to get some crocheting in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pattern ! I hope to get some crocheting in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drawn to the petite size of this ripple pattern, very pretty.
    I hope to use it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I currently dont have extra cash to swing for your awesome yarn, suggestions on a substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the very informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you refresh my memory on the difference in UK terms and American, I believe that's what your comment in the pattern is warning us about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you refresh my memory on the difference in UK terms and American, I believe that's what your comment in the pattern is warning us about!
    canvas floor
    floral pillow shams
    teacher supplies for classroom decor

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS