29 Apr 2021

Psssst! .......New Yarn Alert!

There's a new kid on the block.
If you thought Metropolis was amazing, wait until you see its sibling!!!!

Downtown by Scheepjes was launched today. 
It's self-striping yarn that shares the same weight and fibre composition as it's sister yarn, Metropolis.

All 18 colourways have been designed to work beautifully with Metropolis or use it as a stand alone yarn. 
Hop over and check out the range HERE

The lovely Carmen, from New Leaf Designs, has been busy making socks with Downtown and has published a free pattern on her blog today! You can find it HERE 😍

Being an avid sock knitter myself, I couldn't wait to cast on and start knitting some stripy socks!


I managed to grab a ball of the colourway 403 Leafy Suburb and paired it with some Metropolis from my stash.... a glorious hot pink in the colour 059 Montreal. Oh what a glorious combination!!!!


I made mine using magic loop on 2.25mm needles.
They just flew off the needles.


What is it about self-striping yarn that makes you say to yourself "just one more colour then I'll go to bed!"????!!!!! 


I found myself washing and blocking them in no time at all.... like 2 days and they were done!
I didn't follow a pattern, just my favourite vanilla sock recipe. Beanie toe (by Jooles Hill from the Sew Sweet Violet podcast), fish lips kiss heel (by Sox Therapist) and my usual 1x1 twisted rib cuff. 

I LOVE THEM!!!!

I have another ball in 404 Industrial Terrain (love the names!!!) and I think tonight might just see another cast on 😉 

Watch this space......!
Til next time x


1 comment:

  1. Ech hu gär dës Socken ze maachen, sinn d'Faarwen och schéin.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS