28 Dec 2018

Squeezing in something new.....

Hi!

Hope you've all been enjoying a wonderful and peaceful Christmas time!
It's been busy here..... lots of making and finishing up projects.
I always do this....leave it til the last minute!
So this is a speeded up last of year project for you all....

Over the next few days I shall share the process of my latest creation. And, of course, there will be grande finale with a free pattern.

If you remember back to THIS post.... I introduced Scheepjes Our Tribe.
A yarn with colour ways chosen by the Scheepjes Bloggers.



I knew I wanted to make something with it...but wasn't quite sure what....so I kept my samples stored safely to one side until inspiration hit!

I love the gentle colour changes in this yarn and decided I wanted to play with the colours a bit and showcase how they can contrast and work together!


I initially chose two colours, Cypress Textiles and The Curio Craft Room.
Both had colours I adore and I was certain they would complement each other nicely!

I did go on to choose another two....to make a second sample....but completely forgot to take photos before I started!!!!

So a bit more about the yarn....


It's mainly Merino Superwash but with some added polyamide to make it a little more hardwearing. It's a single (not plyed) so that can make it a little wiggly....but don't worry as that won't affect the finished item. It's also what I call a sticky yarn! Because it's a single with not a great deal of twist, it's not totally smooth and has some loose fibres that can make ripping back a little tricky....but not impossible with care. 

It's super soft and passes the next to neck test with flying colours....which is just as well...as this little lot is destined to be a funky scarf!

Join me tomorrow and I'll share some work in progress photographs....

Til then x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS