21 Oct 2019

Introducing Autumn Jewels Blanket

Hello everyone!
I've got a blanket reveal to share with you...
It even has a name.
I prefer to see the finished article before naming a project

So if you remember from my last couple of blog posts (HERE and HERE), I decided on Scheepjes Our Tribe yarn to make my blanket. 
There were couple of reasons for this...it's stunning yarn and also I wanted to showcase the Old Bewick colour way as I chose the colours!!! I was inspired by lichen on a stone and was completely mesmerised by the array of yellows and lime greens. I'll share a photo of the stone next time as I want this post to be full of finished blanket wonderness!!!!

So here it is.....


Autumn Jewels.

I found some great locations to take the photos. This one is at Gs workshop. He's an artist blacksmith (and hedge layer!) and has his workshop in a converted steading on a country estate just outside Kelso. The peeling painted door was a perfect backdrop!


I love how the yellow pops against the paintwork... but not content with a couple of photos we ventured on in search of more locations....


As we were out and about the light kept changing.... and likewise so did the yellows!
Depending on the lighting this blanket changes from golden to more lime coloured, but the jewel like centres stay true. 


I love the colours against the changing autumn leaves and the stone. 


Gotta love some blowing in the wind....


action shots....


it was VERY windy!


We found a delightful Church in Stitchill to take the final shots....



How's this for a perfectly positioned gate? Just blanket hanging ready!!!


I'll leave you with this close up of the simple but effect border.... this blanket is very much a beginner friendly project. Next week I'll share the FREE PATTERN! 

I hope you all like my Autumn Jewels blanket. I think it's one of my favourites!

Til next time x


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket. I love the windy photo's. The wind gives the blanket something special.

    Have a nice day, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blanket. Always a proud moment with a blanket is complete.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS