14 Oct 2019

Making Progress...

Hello again!

I'm making progress on my latest blanket so thought I'd quickly pop in and share some WIP photos!

If you remember from THIS POST I had chosen some lovely yarn to start a blanket. I chose Scheepjes Our Tribe in new colours, one of which I chose the colour scheme for 😊


I started by making a simple circle motif in the contrasting coloured yarns...


I always set up a bit of a production line and make lots and lots of circular motifs whilst watching TV. 
I tended to make 15 circles from each of the three yarns before adding in a border.


Next I added a pretty yellow frame to the circle!


I know I always bang on about blocking your squares, but just look at the difference between the two!!!! No need to ask which one hasn't been blocked is there?!


Now I've got lots and lots of squares just waiting to be assembled into a blanket


I love how the colours play together. That's the beauty of variegated yarn...you just drift from colour to colour. It's really quite addictive... waiting to see what the next one is going to look like! 

I'm using a join as you go technique again....I think its the year of JAYG in this house!!!
Hopefully I'll have a finished blanket to share with you next week and then a FREE pattern to share the following week. I can't wait to see this all joined together!

Til next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS