1 Sept 2020

An old love.....

Well hello dear readers! It's been a while. A blummin long while.....
I'm not exactly sure where the last 6 months have gone. I blame COVID-19.
I blame COVID on a lot of things. An awful lot of things!
These 6 months have been truly horrible. One day I'll fill you in on the gory details, but for now, I think some yummy yarn is in order!

I may have been absent on social media of late but crikey my hands have been busy whipping up all manner of goodies!
Today I thought I'd share the yarn for a project that will have a free pattern. I like sharing free stuff. It's what makes me happy. 

This project was thought up when I saw some unbelievably cute images on Etsy. Well, straight away my mind went into overdrive.... Hmmmm...I could make something lovely along those lines....what if I did it like this.....let me just have a quick practice. Voila! That's how my mind works.
It usually leads me onto lots more ideas....it's a rabbit hole!!!!

Ok enough waffling. 
Let me share the yarn and the colours I've chosen.


Cotton 8 was the first Scheepjes yarn I fell in love with. It's still up there in my top 3. 
It's not mercerised. The more it gets handled, the softer it gets. It's available in a HUGE (48!) range of colours. It comes in 50g balls and you get a whopping 170m of 100% Cotton yarn. It's a fingering weight that, when blocked, has a beautiful drape to the finished fabric. And best of all, it's a very affordable yarn at £1.99 per ball. 


I don't think I'll ever tire of this yarn. I've made soooo many projects with it and they're all still going strong!



You can see that it's machine washable at 40 degrees. I know it says don't tumble dry... but I've made lots of dish cloths with it that have gone through a 60 degree wash and been tumbled..... but shhh..... don't tell!

For my project I've chosen 4 colours.... well 2 main colours and scraps of the others (I have a significant Cotton 8 stash....dating back to over 10 years ago!). Join me next week and I'll share some progress photos with you. 

Hint, hint.... this would be perfect for gift making.... in plenty time for C.......... (the word not to be uttered until at least October!!!!)

Til then x

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS