22 Nov 2020

Are you sitting comfortably?

Good! Let me begin!

Today I want to share some yarn that I’m using for a new project.
I think I mentioned it at the end of my last post.

I love dreaming up a new project. It’s exciting! Letting the idea swirl around in my mind, then working out how I can make it happen. I design in my brain and then swatch it out. Sometimes those swatches get thrown in a bag for another day and other times I go straight ahead and make the project. This is one of those times. I did make a little sketch, just I could work out yarn quantities (that was a fail as I ran out and had to try and source some more quickly as I was on a roll and didn’t want to stop!)

Choosing the yarn was easy. Scheepjes launched a new Bamboo/Cotton yarn last year called Bamboo Soft and having got my hands on a sample I was instantly smitten! 


It is simply one of the most gorgeous cotton blend yarns I have ever worked with!


It's probably in the sport weight/ heavy fingering category. It's a 50/50 blend that it super soft with a lovely lustre. It's also VERY strong! Trust me, you definitely need scissors to cut this! It has a decent twist to it so isn't splitty and once worked up has a delightful drape, even before blocking. 
It's also a vegan yarn. I'm not vegan, nor vegetarian but can appreciate that this can be important to those who are!

It's a Scheepjes white label premium blend yarn and the RRP is £2.99 per ball which I don't think is a premium price at all for the quality of this yarn!
It's currently available in 17 rich jewel like colours including some useful neutrals.

I knew I wanted a neutral main colour for my project so opted for Antique Silver (264) and added in some additional colours...


I just LOVE these colours!!!


I'm making a blanket in what I'm hoping is a simple but striking design.

Join me next time for some progress photos!

Til then x

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing colours!
    I'm curious to see the end result, can't wait to see your blanket!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS