13 Dec 2020

Progress update

Well hello!
Sorry it's been a bit longer than I planned .... blame COVID 😷
If you don't know already, my real life job is managing a nursing home (I'm a nurse)
The last few weeks have been totally bonkers!
Lateral flow tests (don't even go there!!!), vaccine planning, managing COVID secure visiting.....oh and Christmas planning. My brain is exploding!!!

So what better than to get home, snuggle up and do some hooky?
EXACTLY! Blummin perfect!

On account that when I'm stressed I seem to crochet, knit and sew like a demon....I finished my blanket weeks ago! It just flew off the hook. I'm putting that down to the gorgeous yarn mind you 😉....
So over the next week I'm going to share my progress, grand reveal and pattern in a bumper festival of yarny goodness! Today will be the progress, Tuesday will be the grand reveal (don't get too excited..... tier 3 restrictions have meant that I can't get some lovely out and about photos 😞) and then I'll post the pattern on Thursday.

So let's get on with it shall we?

I'm making the blanket using Scheepjes Bamboo Soft yarn.


Oh my! This yarn is a delight to work with!
It doesn't split and is super soft. The finished fabric has a lovely drape and a subtle lustre.

I decided to make a blanket that consisted of squares joined together as I wanted to play with colour placement. I love a nice simple design so set of sketching out some ideas and ended up with a circle in a square that would increase in size and the placement would form a pattern.


I chose Antique Silver to be the main background yarn with pops of the other rich colours.


This yarn has beautiful stitch definition.



Look at that lustre!


I'm really loving these colours together 😍

Don't they look beautiful?

Here's a sneaky peek at the blanket layout....


I'll share the grand not so grand reveal next time!

Til then x

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS