6 May 2019

Happiness Is A Newly Released Yarn.... Oh And A New Project In The Offing!

Well hello there! Long time no blog!
I know....it's been a while.
I've not been idle though.... oh no no no! Lots of yarny goodness has flown off my hook/needles so far this year. I'll try and do a bit of a show and tell at some point.
Soooo..... new yarn!
And pretty darn fine yarn at that.
Let me introduce you to Metropolis by Scheepjes.


Described as yarn for the urban crafter.....

And available in a mind blowing range of 80 colours!!!! 
Yup you read that right.... 80!
And boy are those colours delicious....
So trying to choose colours for a new project was tricky...I mean... my (not so) inner yarn addict wanted to order 1 of every colour...just to see!!!
However. I am trying to reduce the amount of yarn scrunched into my teeny spare bedroom/studio....so I decided to be sensible and select a small, but utterly delightful colour palette.

Oh it arrived bundled in this gorgeous organza bag complete with Scheepjes ribbon!
*happy sighs*


I've chosen a palette very different to my usual choices. 
This is going to be a very striking and bold design.
Well in my head it looks good....!!!


This colour combo makes my heart sing 💗


Anyhoos.....a little about this gorgeous yarn. 
It's a 75% Extra Fine Merino, 25% nylon fingering weight yarn. Every 50g gives you 200m of super soft squishy yarn. It's machine washable at 40 degrees so perfect for garments, socks and accessories including shawls and hats. 


Gorgeous isn't it?!
Now I just need to figure out what to make!!!
I have some ideas...

Pop back in a couple of weeks to see the work in progress....

Til next time x
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is really gorgeous. I am wandering what you are going to make of it.

    Have a great day, Margaret

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS