9 Jun 2019

In progress.....

Evening!
Ok this progress post is a little later than planned, but late than never eh?
I was finishing up a rather tricky commission that took waaayyyyy longer than anticipated so it kind of threw my schedule off by a couple of weeks. That and a knitting addiction and also work being a bit nuts. However.... I think I'm getting back on track.
If you remember from the last post I had received some delicious new yarn to play with. 


Scheepjes Metropolis is a fairly new release. 75% Extra Fine Merino and 25% Nylon fingering weight. It's available in a mind blowing range of colours! 

When I ordered this yarn I knew I wanted to make a shawl/wrap type of thingy in these retro colours. In my mind I kind of knew how I wanted it to look. 

So I had a little play...and played some more....and some more....
You get the picture!
Try as I might, the geometric design that I had in my head did not want to become a shawl/wrap thingy.
It kept screaming "MAKE ME INTO A CUSHION THAT WOULD LOOK SIMPLY FABULOUS ON YOUR READING CHAIR!!!!"
Well who was I to argue with such a demand??!!!
So off I set, making heaps of tiny 2 round circles....
And before I knew it I had joined them up to make half a cushion cover...

I joined the circles with the cream yarn


Random (yes! completely random) pops of colour amongst the charcoal grey


Oh. My. Goodness.
I am in love with this. 
I love the colours playing together and the design and texture. 

Oh and a few words about the yarn. It's a joy! 
It's fairly lightly played which makes it super soft. 
It slips off the hook like butter and has beautiful stitch definition.
But the best thing? Oh without a doubt the best thing is the smell.
It smells of sheep!
Glorious woolly woolly sheep. 
Yes! A yarn from Scheepjes that smells of sheepies!!!!!
Pretty darn perfect if you ask me!

Ok next time we will have a finished object.
Promise!

Til then x
post signature

1 comment:

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS