16 Sept 2018

Blanket Joy

Ah.....this blanket has completely stolen my heart.
Every time I look at the riot of colours it makes me smile.
Isn't it funny how colours have this affect?

Ok, a quick update. 
All the squares are made and it has been joined together.
I've joined the small squares using an invisible join, with matching Scheepjes River Washed yarn, to make squares the same sized as the bigger Granny Squares. This makes the whole joining process much simpler. 

Next I worked out the mix of squares on paper. I wanted this blanket to be random! No real thought to how the squares would be placed......so I literally grabbed squares and placed them! I wasn't even bothered if colours landed together.....most unlike me!


Then I took a quick snap (it was evening time...hence the low light) and made piles of squares, in order, ready to join.


Next came the lovely joining process....on my knee, with a cuppa and in front of the TV.
I've used a stunning pink to join. It really makes all of the colours sing! 


I've used my favourite zipper join. It's lovely and neat and gives a nice outline to the squares. 
I was tempted to do a fancy joining technique, but thought that it would be lost in that colour frenzy and a bit too fussy. Plain and simple seems to work for the joins.


This photo gives better colour replication.


Now there's just the border to add and a final block!
I'm planning to go roaming in the Northumbrian countryside next weekend to take photographs of the finished blanket.....there may be hills again!

Til next time x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS