7 Oct 2019

It's Making a New Blanket Season!!!!

Well hello!
Brrr....isn't it starting to get chilly?
The leaves are changing colour, the nights are drawing in and there's a definite chill in the air!
Autumn, I think, is upon us.... and that means it's time to get hooking up something warm and cosy to snuggle up under.
Any excuse to get some new yarn... hehe!

I thought I'd make something else with Our Tribe by Scheepjes 

1. Because it's gorgeous yarn
2. There are some new colours (I chose one of them)
3. The yardage is great making it quite economical
and 4.... erm....because why not?!!!



Scheepjes launched 6 new colours earlier in the year. There's now a beautiful range of 38 colours including variegated and solids. 


I chose this colour way and it was inspired by lichen on a stone. The shades of yellow were breathtaking. Nature is truly miraculous! 


It's called Old Bewick as that's the hill (it felt like a mountain when climbing up it!) where the stone I saw was called.
It's in Northumberland....you should check it out if you're in the region some day. The view from up there is lovely!

Ok onto the yarn. Our Tribe is a blend of 70% Superwash Merino and 30% Polyamide which makes it machine washable at 40 degrees. 100g gives you 420m. It's described as a sport weight but I think it's more a fingering weight. Recommended hook/needle size is 2.5 - 3mm.

I had fun choosing colours to accompany the Old Bewick colour.


I finally settled on this combination - Energise, Excitement and Optimism!
Aren't they great names?

Join me next week to catch up on my progress!

Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS