20 Apr 2021

Quinn Socks

Hello all
Hope everyone is well!

Today I'm sharing my finished Quinn socks.
Why Quinn? 
Well to be perfectly honest I was a bit stumped when it came to naming these socks.
I was driving to work this morning and the van in front of me had the name of a company on it and that name was Quinn. Perfect. That'll do nicely thank you 😂


So here they are.
Finished and blocked.

I'm really happy with them. 


I love the colour combination. You could have so much fun choosing colours!


Happy feet!

(by the way...do you have any idea how tricky it is to photograph your own feet wearing socks?!!!)


So just to recap. I made these socks using Scheepjes Metropolis in the colours 022 Pasay, 024 Cota and 001 Bucharest. I'll talk more about the yarn next week along with the pattern/recipe, but it's a beautiful fingering weight merino/nylon blend. 


The socks are knitted toe-up with an easy afterthought heel (no random cutting at socks required!). They have a twisted rib cuff and have a simple construction. Perfectly suitable for a novice sock knitter. 
I knitted mine with stripes but you could easily make them plain to make it an even more stress for process. 

Next week I'll hold your hand and guide you through the process. 
It's really not that scary!

Get your needles at the ready!
Til then x

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS